An insight into the world's tallest performing fountain
Emaar Properties PJSC, as the leading global developer, has helped in cementing Dubai’s reputation as a truly global city through its mega-developments, architectural landmarks, world-class malls, luxury hotels and a spectacular range of entertainment and leisure attractions.
One of Emaar’s leading leisure attractions, The Dubai Fountain, which was unveiled to the public in 2009, is the world’s tallest performing fountain. It has mesmerised millions of visitors across the world and continues be one of the leading global attractions. The Dubai Fountain has consistently received Certificates of Excellence from Trip Advisor.
Strategy of operations at The Dubai Fountain
- Excellence in delivering over 5,000 shows annually and recipient of Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence every year.
- Enhancing customer service and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Strengthening knowledge and improving work environment to ensure high staff satisfaction and productivity.
- Having a dedicated team to ensure The Dubai Fountain maintains its high standards of quality as one of the best attractions in the world.
- Continuous enhancement in innovation, research and maintenance to ensure world-class quality
- Building a strong relationship with all the team associated to work together, solve challenges, motivate each other and provide innovative ideas.
- Delivery of world-class Facilities Management, one of the key factors of success of The Dubai Fountain’s operations
- Management of the Lake and water is another unique element.
- Extensive FM measures are in place to support the operations.
The Dubai Fountain has hosted a number of international events, and on special occasions, additional shows are held. Some of the special occasions that were underlined by the performance of The Dubai Fountain are:
- UAE National Day
- Downtown Dubai New Year’s Eve Gala
- Mother of the Nation Celebrations
- CNN behind the scenes documentary
- Sama Dubai behind the scenes documentary
- Exhibitions and many more…
The Dubai Fountain team has focused on ensuring that The Dubai Fountain is one of the most voted attractions in the UAE and the world.
Some of the key aspects of The Dubai Fountain are:
- The Dubai Fountain water shooters can reach heights of 140 meters, equivalent to a 46-story building.
- Maintaining the fountain clean at any given point of time with the latest technology, and using the largest and most efficient swimming pool technologies.
- Water Treatment and Filtration-The volume of water is approximately 125,000 cubic meters. This is treated daily and maintained to the highest local and international standards using state-of-the-art technology
The team at The Dubai Fountain has consistently ensured that The Dubai Fountain is a leading touristic attraction. The key factor that drives the success of the operations and facilities management team is the leadership and the ‘We are One Team’ spirit. The team is encouraged to ‘Do the Right Thing’ and is appreciated for outstanding work.
Emaar Properties will always keep fascinating the world with such impressive landmarks.
The Author- Mr. Jean N. Hanna, BSCE, MSCE, MBA, P.E., is the Director of Operations of The Dubai Fountain, Burj Khalifa water features and Special Projects of Emaar properties.